Activities at Awelani Lodge
The Awelani Conservancy provides guests an ideal opportunity to walk, hike or mountain-bike through an area surrounded with baobab and other plants and bushes endemic to the Limpopo river-basin area.
- Only 12 kms from Kruger National Park’s Pafuri Gate, it’s an ideal place to stay for those wanting to visit the northern part of Kruger National Park, especially the famous Pafuri River Drive and Pafuri Picnic Site.
- A purpose-built bird-hide at an all-year waterhole offers birders hours of viewing pleasure.
- Awelani is within easy day-trip from Tshipise Hot Spring.
- For groups, full, or short-day cultural activities can be arranged with the local community.
- Optional activities include crafting, dancing and sharing a meal with a local family.
- Cave braai and stargazing.